The Hospice Action Network Welcomes New My Hospice AmbassadorsNavigator News
The Hospice Action Network (HAN), an affiliate of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), is pleased to announce the appointments of its new class of My Hospice Ambassadors. My Hospice Ambassadors are advocates selected by HAN to enhance awareness of hospice and palliative care among lawmakers and advance NHPCO’s legislative agenda.
My Hospice Ambassadors establish and maintain significant and continuous relationships with members of Congress and help mobilize hospice and palliative care advocates. Their efforts will help lawmakers and the public understand the value of the Medicare hospice benefit. Bluegrass Care Navigators chaplain Dave Carper, who works in Central Kentucky, was selected as part of this year’s ambassador class.
“My Hospice Ambassadors are critical allies as we work to educate lawmakers and pass needed hospice and palliative care legislation. We extend a warm welcome to this exceptional class of interdisciplinary professionals, leaders, and supporters who are committed to serving as Ambassadors on behalf of the hospice and palliative care community,” said NHPCO President and CEO Edo Banach.
“Dave Carper is very deserving of this honor. As our Chaplain Team Lead, Dave serves as a mentor to our chaplain staff and is committed to advancing the awareness of hospice and palliative care. His dedication and compassion will be an asset to the My Hospice Ambassador program,” said Liz Fowler, President and CEO of Bluegrass Care Navigators.
HAN also thanks Board Members from Axxess, Bluegrass Care Navigators, MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care Program, Sangre de Cristo Community Care, and Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care for nominating members of their interdisciplinary teams.
The following are the newest My Hospice Ambassadors:
- Dr. Bruce Smith, Hospice Medical Director, Providence Hospice of Seattle (Washington).
- Cheri Holdridge, Spiritual Caregiver, Home Care Hospice of Northwest Ohio (Ohio).
- Dave Carper, Chaplain Team Lead, Bluegrass Care Navigators (Kentucky).
- Demetress Harrell, Chief Executive Officer, Hospice in the Pines (Texas).
- Emma Ward, Director of Business Operations, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Oregon (Oregon).
- Dr. John Turski, Medical Director, Bland CO Medical Clinic (Virginia).
- Kilty Brown, Executive Director, Central Wyoming Hospice and Transitions (Wyoming).
- Kristina Sanderson, Community Engagement Leader, Caring Circle/Spectrum Health Lakeland (Michigan).
- Majesca Wong, Music Therapist and Best Practice Specialist, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Houston (Texas).
- Dr. Maya Garala, Hospice Team Physician, Visiting Nurse Services of New York (New York).
- Stephanie Hopper, Director of Clinical Services, Hospice of Hope (Kentucky).
- Dr. Tartania Brown, Senior Hospice and Palliative Care Physician, MJHS Hospice (New York).
- Tim Ingram, Senior Vice President, Axxess (Texas).
- Trysten Garcia, Marketing & PR Specialist, Sangre de Cristo Community Care (Colorado)
Learn more about the My Hospice Ambassadors program on the HAN website.
More posts like this
Bluegrass Care Navigators Now Offers Palliative Care in Georgetown
Bluegrass Care Navigators has expanded palliative care services to Scott County, providing services to oncology patients at Georgetown Community Hospital through the Georgetown Cancer Care clinic.