- Must be at least 18 years of age to enroll; however anyone who is 16 or 17 years old may apply if their parent/guardian signs a consent form.
- Must present an approved state or federal photo ID (driver's license) and a non-laminated Social Security Card.
- Must be in good physical and mental health. Must be able to lift, push and pull fifty pounds, and able to stand for three hours. Must be able to assist with lifting, transferring and turning residents.
- Must have a TB skin test within one year of onsite clinical date. If skin test was positive, must have a chest x-ray.
- Must pass Nurse Aide Abuse report and Criminal Background Check before you can start a class. Administrator determines acceptance.
The fee for the Nurse Aide Training program is $575. It is to be paid in full 14 days prior to the class start date. The fee does not include the State Competency fee of $75. The fee is non-refundable.
The fee includes:
- Tuition for 75 hours of training and instruction
- The Kentucky Community and Technical College System Testing Procedures Manual and Study Guide
It is mandatory that students attend all 75 hours of the in-house training program.
The textbook/workbook for the course is Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Assistants, 7th Edition. Students must purchase through online bookseller or local college bookstore. Textbooks are NOT provided by the training center.